Panelview Alarm acknowledge

The_Wanderer

I have an AB system that was working, and has now decided to give trouble as we start testing. Hoping somebody can help me out here...

Have a CLX processor talking to a Panelview 1000 touchscreen over a DH485. When the plc detects a machine alarm, the alarm banner pops up as it is supposed to. I am using the remote acknowledge tag, so that the operator presses a physical button to reset the alarms, not the "ack" button on the screen. This triggers a bit in the PLCwhich is held on until the handshake tag is received from the Panel view. This has been working all fina a dandy, but today I showed up on site and the customer is complaining that nothing will start. I tracked it down to the fact the acknowledge handshake bit is staying on full time, thus not acknowledging any alarms, and keping the machine from resetting.

After a power down and reset, the acknowledge sequence will work for 3 or 4 times and then freeze again. Have downloaded both programs again, no help. Checked comms, all seems OK.

Am I missing anything? Any bright ideas? We are now holding up production and guess who is getting blamed....

Thanks.