Remote control for wells

shkoko2000

Hi all,
In our company, we have a large no. Of wells and we want to control them remotly(ex:shut down the well by sending SMS).
Is there an Allen bradley system do this function??and if so what is its price?

You are describing the industry of "Remote Terminal Units", and distributed PLC controls with SCADA.

This is far too broad a topic to narrow down to "recommend a part number".

Start by describing what kind of wells you're talking about. A small water pumping or filtration station will have a very different controls requirement from an oil extraction station.

Our comapny is oil and gas field and all wells are provided by chrismass tree with hydrulic valves all i need system can receive a sms to close any well.
Is allenbradely have such this system?

I dont think this is a good idea. there is no authentication with sms so a ****ed off worker/ex worker can just send random texts to your wells and shut them in.

I've done some work like that for BP here in the states, by using Bristol-Babcock RTUs. We communicated over serial wireless radio interface, and across repeater stations, to a little over 3,000 natural gas wells. While an AB unit could do local measurement and control, I think purpose-built RTUs might be a better fit.