PV800, micro1100, 4 powerflex4 drives

lst1nt

Getting back into this after a few years, was drewcrew6 back then.
Can the pv talk directly to the powerflex, ability to start stop jog drive change speed directly from the screen? I will have hard I/O from micro1100 for basic functions like start stop as well. Also is there a way to import tags in CCW, would like to import the micro1100 to speed development.

I am Still fairly new at this, but I have a panelview 800 and a powerflex 4 drive at my test bench. I used a micro 820 plc and I was able to control the vfd via the panelview. I just had to develop my hmi with the proper tags. As far as direct communication I am not sure.

Jeremy what is the link to the drives, comm-e module?
Also does the PV tags point to the 820 or the drives, sounds like the 820 is middle man?
Drew

Also does the PV tags point to the 820 or the drives, sounds like the 820 is middle man?
Drew

Yes I am using the plc as a middle man. The powerflex 4 that I have has not comm card or anything. So I used the micro 820 with a serial card and communicated to the drive via modbus 485. You can then use the Ethernet port on the plc to connect directly to the panelview. Its a good cheap plc to be running code but to also be able to use your hmi as an interface. I know some of the newer powerflex drives have an ethernet port already like the 523 and 525s. There is also an adapter that will fit into the powerflex 4 which is the 1203-usb to connect directly to CCW. sorry If I am not much help. I am still very new but enjoy playing around and learning new things.

Drew

Also the tags on the panelview go to the Plc. Then in my code those tags communicated to the drive via modbus. If you use a comm card or a drive with ethernet it should be a breeze