Kinetix 6000 -E38 Intermittent SERCOS Ring Drops

Good Evening ,

We have a bank of Kinetix 6000 servo drives and we get intermittent E38 Faults ( Ring Fault ) . We have a number of Fiber jumpers on these drives returning to a Serco's Interface in a ControlLogix rack. I have not seen a lot on this issue. Have many of you seen this issue ? Does these fibers break down in time ? I can't imagine they would .

Thanks so much in advance ,

In the Indramat (BRC) world, each station has a parameter that describes "how far it is to the next station", so that it can set the outgoing gain on the SERCOS II fiber optic signal.
I don't know if Rockwell has such a parameter, but that would be a good place to start looking.

Similar Topics

Howdy guys - Looking for some insight on the MAM instruction. Had an interesting one today: I performed a controller upgrade on an older system...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone: I am looking at the possibility of migrating Kinetix 6000 to Kinetix 5700(460V 3 phase). Reviewing the drive catalog, I have the...
Replies
Views
We have two similar pieces of equipment, one of them uses a Kinetix 6000 for an axis and the other uses a Kinetix 350. When power is removed...
Replies
Views
Hello All I have a machine built in 2013 but never commissioned. I have it almost complete. It has 2 Kinetix 6000's with a CompactLogix L43 with...
Replies
Views
Trying to configure the 2nd drive on this machine. It is being difficult. I have the gains speed encoder data all with good data. when I try to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom