Panelview 1000 and 300 question

bugman746

I have one of each of these panelviews. I have done alot of research to locate software for both.. I know the old Panelview 300 was programmed using Panelbuilder32 which is now obsolete. I have a project I'd like to use the 300 with. It would be working with a Micrologix 1100. What other software can I use to program the 300+ ????

Also I have a panelview 1000+ that requires FactoryTalk View studio.. I can view the panel over my network and have deleted tghe old installed .MER files.. Now I'd like to turn it into an HMI for a home brewing center.. Can I use ANY other software (visual studio?) to program a simple push button HMI?

Sell them on ebay and buy a Red Lion Kadet. Software is free. The Red Lion HMI will run circles around the A/B offerings.

Or, contact your A/B distributor and write a check for about $1300 to buy Panelbuilder32 and FCTME View ME so you can use the HMIs you already have. Just a few weeks ago I was forced to do this to support some of our customers and even though it's listed as obsolete, they will still sell you a copy and to my surprise, Panelbuilder32 v3.83 will run on Windows 7 64 bit. I installed FCTMEView in a VM in order to avoid getting my registry and host OS FCT.