RSLogix and Micrologix 1500

bugman746

I bought a used Micrologix 1500 with a thermocouple input card attached.. I have been using RSLogix Micro lite on my old 1100 and 1000 PLCs.. But now I see I have to upgrade to use the 1500....
Question is..I need RSLogix 500. Where, online, can I get the best deal?

I bought a used Micrologix 1500 with a thermocouple input card attached.. I have been using RSLogix Micro lite on my old 1100 and 1000 PLCs.. But now I see I have to upgrade to use the 1500....
Question is..I need RSLogix 500. Where, online, can I get the best deal?

You might be able to "potentially buy" the relevant license from an an eBay seller, there are many who will offer this - but I don't know how legitimate these offerings are, and it is going to depend on who the seller is, and whether he's out to make a fast buck.

It is perfectly OK for software licensing to be legitimately transferred, but it involves more than an eBay/PayPal receipt to make it stick. There is a registration transfer procedure to go through, which I believe has to be instigated by the seller.

Your best bet (morally, legally, and commercially, is to buy the necessary software from your local distributor.

As usual, I apologise if I've got anything in this post wrong... (I should put that as my avatar)....

daba,

you got it right.
you may buy the license online, but the seller must transfer the license and complete the paper work before ab will transfer the license to you. if the seller doesn't do the paperwork, you're out $$$.

Went through that 6 years ago, took 18 months before the seller did the paperwork for us.

I don't think the rules have changed.

regards,
james

You can buy a version called RSLogix Micro Developer quite a bit cheaper than RSLogix 500 Standard.

It will allow you to program all the Micrologix models (but not the SLC line) and supports online editing in controllers that support it. RSLogix 500 Starter doesn't do cross referencing (and therefore the usage table is disabled) and does not allow online editing, but is comparable in price and would support the SLC line and all Micrologix.