Need help!!!

PLCman0777

I'm working on an all ethernet/Ip system and we cannot get the pdp to be recognized by the plc. We have tried setting and reseting the dip switches, verified the ip address, configured the chassis size and still have no luck. we have a very tight deadline. please help, anything will be greatly appreciated.

oops sorry

we are using allen bradley 1734 aent plc, ip address is 10.138.13.xx pdp means power distribution panel. thanks again

Have you set the chassis size in the last tab of the module configuration? Configuring the module is not enough...you must set the chassis size using the function on the Chassis Size Tab.

If you have, what does the Module Info tab tell you when you click on it? Does it say "match" and "configured" or something else?

first, please describe your system better. Text-speak doesn't do a good a job. If you have a network and rack diagram, it would really help and tell us precisely what step you have taken to troubleshoot.

1734-AENT is the ethernet IO adopter for point-io. It is not a PLC. I gather you are having problem having the PLC talking to the point IO. Have you configured the Point IO and rack in the PLC and do you have ping response from the PLC and the Point-IO?