SLC 5/05 Which Parts?

calinorth

I need to replace A Slc 500 processor

Cat:1747-L551 Ser: A Proc.Rev: 1

does it matter if I replace it with a Ser: B or C. What would be compatible with this plc in a rack with a power supply the SLc 5/05 processor and 2 output cards?

As far as I know, the SLC-500 chassis are universally compatible with all SLC-500 controllers and I/O modules.

Series B chassis had some improved insulation and smaller ripple-smoothing capacitors, but in general even the very oldest modular SLC-500 controllers can fit into any chassis.

The revision does matter. As the revisions get larger, there are small improvements made on the controller. Look for a revision C controller. With the latest firmware, they have superior ethernet capabilities. They have a larger number of connections and can operatate at 100mbps full duplex.

Most likely, that is what you will get anyway when you order one.

Aside from that, any will fit in the rack.

I have never had issues going forward but have when I tried to go backward, so being that you're using a A I dont think you will have a issue with anyone... other then the money you will need to spend, A's cost less than B and C, D are the newest but they will cost even more

We sell them all and the used ones have been flashed to the newest firmware, the A would save you some money

https://www.plccable.com/search.php?search_query=l551&x=0&y=0