Autocad Electrical 2016 Projects Question

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I'm having an issue with projects in Autocad Electrical 2016.

I'm working through a set of lessons, and I have opened the projects before. On the start screen, I cannot find any menu to open projects, only drawing files.

When I try to open up the WDP file, I get the following error:

"Cannot find the specified drawing file. Please verify that the file exists."

I have googled and researched, but I'm a bit stumped on this one. What am I missing as to how ACE 2016 handles projects here? I would think it would be inuitive to have an "Open Project" menu, but even when I open a drawing there is no project tab.

Do you see the Project Manager on the left side when you open AutoCAD? I attached an image of my home screen. There's an opened folder icon in the top left of the Project Manager that allows you to open Projects.

If that isn't there, open a blank/new drawing so you can view your menus. There should be a tab at the top labeled Project, then a button under that tab labeled Manager. If you press this, it'll open your Project Manager if it's not already open. From there, click the top left icon.

Also, if you don't see the Project tab at the top, right click in the top menu, select Show Tabs, then Project.

Hope this helps.

I didn't have any of those tabs. Fired up ace on the work laptop and saw the project manager, so I did a repair on the install and it is working. Not sure what happened there, but thanks for the help!

I didn't have any of those tabs. Fired up ace on the work laptop and saw the project manager, so I did a repair on the install and it is working. Not sure what happened there, but thanks for the help!

I've used several versions of AutoCAD Electrical and it's menu & tabs seem to be very flakey. I've had them disappear for seemingly no reason.

The menus and tabs are visible and after closing the program and after reopening it they are gone. That's the beauty of software, it always operates the same (so I'm told).

I've used several versions of AutoCAD Electrical and it's menu & tabs seem to be very flakey. I've had them disappear for seemingly no reason.

The menus and tabs are visible and after closing the program and after reopening it they are gone. That's the beauty of software, it always operates the same (so I'm told).

Most large pieces of software can be pretty flaky and have little issues like I just had with ACE. Just think about all the quirks with the AB software suite.