Keyence IVG_H10 with ABB IRC5

khewes

hello all,

I am trying to program a keyence vision system to recognize how a part is oriented and then tell the robot so that the robot can pick it up accordingly and place it correctly.

In the vision system mentioned above, one program has one image and thus one orientation. I want the robot controller to move between programs to capture multiple orientations, and select the correct orientation. I am not sure how to program this in robot studios. I found this on the FAQ page for keyence which seems helpful.
Yes, with Version 2.0 and higher. The changing of the program number (PW) is linked with changes using [Program name], and the program name can be read by using the PR (Read program number) command.
Also this link describes the specifications for my vision system
http://www.keyence.com/products/vision/vision-sensor/iv/specs/index.jsp

So it seems I can program the robot to output an input to the keyence, if the keyence's current program does not satisfy the robot studios code order.
No clue how to do this...can someone maybe point me to some code examples or give me a brief run down?

If so it would be much appreciated. I feel like a PLC interface would make this easy, but i do not have access to one for this project.

thanks,khewes

correct me if im wrong, but it seems that the quote tells me to assign an input a value for a program... and to do so I must code the keyence controller? and then when this specified input is sent to the controller, via an output from the robot, it will jump to the next program...
just trying to grasp the situation!:geek: