PVP to Micrologix 1000, is it possible?

LowRange

I'm working on learning how configure Factorytalk applications to communicate through serial to older controllers but I've only got a beat up old Mircologix 1000 and a PVP 6 400 in the shop to play with.

I'm having a helluva time at it. Is it possible for a PVP 6 400 to communicate through a 1761-CBL cable?

Interesting. I can see the Micrologix 1000 in the design tab under my DF-1 driver but when I hit the verify button the dialog box pops up stating that the Design path is not assigned. Serial is silly.

If you can see it in the network tree, then you should be good to connect to it. Not assigned probably just means you haven't actually assigned the seen device to your shortcut - click on the shortcut name, click on the PLC, and click apply. Then try verifying again.

The design path was assigned after I clicked on the shortcut as you stated. I have been able to test the application and turn output 0 on and off. Now, do I really want copy my design path to the runtime? With ethernet, sure, but I use comport 3 and auto configure when I connect the laptop to serial. Is that what I want for the PVP 6 400 and Micrologix 1000? I was under the impression that the runtime path for serial micrologix and SLC should be com port 1 without auto configure.

I have not been successful in getting the application to communicate with the Micrologix once downloaded to the PVP 6 400 with the attached Runtime configuration.

Serial_DF-1.png