NIU is not going online

bibhuti2050

Dear Steven sir,
We have GE FANUC 90-30 series PLC installed in our Plant. While i want to see the status of a individual rack with NIU(IC200GBI001),i am using IC200GBL002A cable. I am creating target and uploading from the controller and validating. Result is comming no error. Even i downloaded the hardware configuration again to controller. But the target is not going ONLINE( not highlighting) So plz tell me the solution how the online symbol will enable.
Thanking you.

Dear sir then how we will know that which card/base is faulty if a rack is not properly functioning? Pls tell me how to find out the faulty card/ base from a particular rack through online.

There are two ways, both found in the User's Manual GFK-1535 found in the link above. One is in chapter 3 and the other in chapter 5.

Please tell me if the fault LED is Amber in color and all other LEDs are blue in color then according to the material there are one or more faults associated with the rack. can u please tell me what are those faults may be? Please don't hesitate to answer my question.

According to the manual, page 2-23 mentioned above if the FAULT LED is On there is one or more faults. I did not see colors of the LEDs in the manual, there may be more on that in the Datasheet (IPI) found in the same link above.
IIRC, there are no blue LEDs only red, amber and green in most GE modules.

Are you experiencing real problems with the modules in the drop? Is the PLC not seeing the inputs or are any of the output modules not responding to the program? If the drop operates correctly, then the faults may not be significant.
The 'faults' indicated by the LEDs may disappear if you cycle power to the drop. You may also get rid of them if you first download a blank configuration to the NIU and then download the actual configuration of the modules.

Dear Bailey Sir, i am experiencing difficulties in output module as the output card is behaving abnormity once in a week /two. At that time the fault LED in the NIU is showing amber colour(in healthy condition blue colour). I am unable to find out the exact fault. Someday just i removing and inserting all i/o cards and pressing the base for proper contact then it may work within 30mins otherwise it takes 3/4 hours to re establish the communication. I am using Gefanuc series 90-30 plc.

I suggest you hire a programmer to implement one of the diagnostic procedures in logic that are detailed in GFK-1535 linked above.
And maybe verify DIN rail stops are properly installed on both ends of the VersaMax node. Then verify that there is no RFI or EMF interference in the Genius cabling with proper terminating resistors, correct shield placment and no splices anywhere. This too is in the manual listed above, but I'm sure you know that by now.

Or start replacing components, one at a time or maybe the whole node at once including the Genius cablt to it, but having the diagnostics is most efficient for the future.

Thanks sir for your valuable suggestions. Before 4days i did that what u explained here the day before yesterday. The rail of the rack has been replaced once and re fixed the base & cards and till now no fault observed. May be my problem solved. Thanks again.