PID in PLC twido TWDLCAE40DRF

dannu

Hi everybody, this is my first post to this forum, and first of all I would like to thank everybody who reply to others posts as I and I'm sure others have found these very useful! 🤞🏻

I have a final project. In this project I created a conveyor which can rotate at a steady pace even though the load received changeable.
The method that I use is the method of PID. By utilizing PLC TWDLCAE40DRF.
I've got PID in the PLC. But i have a constraint that i don't know the analog output on PLC TWDLCAE40DRF which will be connected to
the inverter to control the speed of the AC motor as the driving conveyor

Hope someone can give me some advice on this please.
Best regards 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Hmmm, I don't have too much experience with Twido PLC's, but from memory the base units only have digital I/O's so they don't come with analog outputs.

You may need to find a analog I/O module to connect to your TWDLCAE40DRF unit. They make different models depending on whether you want a voltage or current output signal.

Quick google search shows this document which should point you in the right direction (analog I/O specs are on page 31).

http://static.schneider-electric.us...on Components Links/Twido/DIA3ED2041102EN.pdf

thank you very much scrambled,
but in PLC TWDLCAE40DRF there are two output transistors,
whether it can be used to output the results of processing PID?

:oops:

The output transistors are still digital outputs, so they cannot source an analog signal for your PID output.

A key difference (among many) between transistor and relay outputs is that digital switching using transistors can only be used for DC currents, while relays are capable of switching AC currents as well.

However, both are still switch outputs so they can only produce a HIGH or LOW result.

Last edited:
so the solution to the problem that I face is added to the analog output expansion so that the value of PID can be issued? :cry::cry:

Yes, that is what it looks like to me. The base PLC unit on its own appears to be insufficient for your needs.

Last edited:
You can use one of transistor outputs as PWM output and produce 0-10V ad output. Not that I recommend you to do that, but it is sort of solution.

Also, you can communicate with your drive and change reference through Modbus.

Both things can be done with Twido.

thank you very much with your solution, scrambled
hopefully can answer questions for beginners who are learning PLC :site:

For goghie, inverter that I use is Mitsubishi brand with the type of FR-E510W-0.75k. How the connection of PWM output to the inverter? Please guide me 🤞🏻