Set PG PC interface unsuccessful.

Saudi jamal

Hi guys,
Our sematic PG PG PC interface in not working.i fixed cable between PLC and PG and select mpi cable and try to get communication then message coming communication adepter is damage.
Kindly see attached picture.
Kindly guide me.
Kind regards.
Jamal.

IMG_20161229_115658.jpg

What protocol did you configure?? Profibus, MPI, Auto??

On which port of the PLC did you connect the cable?

What cable did you connect? Could there be a mix up in the serial port cable??

Hi cardosocea,
i am sorry for late reply.i would like to tell you something so that you will be understand my situation. we have two laptop with step 7 v5.5 programming software.our old laptop is working fine and don't face pg pc interface problem.we have one simatic field pg and today i try get communication with field pg and plc then i see i am failure to established communication.
But i can get communication with this field pg and plc via ethernet cable and it is working fine.
i select MPI protocol,adapter cable fixed in mpi port,we have simatic adepter
mpi and i used that adapter and this adapter also working good with old laptop.
Kindly find attachment picture.
Thanks every one who helping me.
Best regards.
jamal.

IMG_20161229_161525.jpg IMG_20161229_161542.jpg IMG_20161229_161607.jpg IMG_20161229_161648.jpg IMG_20161229_182339.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think maybe the PC Adapter does not have the right driver.

That PC adapter connects into a USB port.
I think the PC adapter option you are showing in Set PG/PC interface may be the old one for a PC adapter that used a COM port?

If you go to the Siemens automation site and search for Entry ID: 109476315, it provides some information on updating the driver.

Hi cardosocea,
plc cpu there is mpi mension mark and i fixed mpi interface plug to this port.
kindly see my old post there you can see the adepter picture and cable and i told you that my old laptop communication no problem. only problem when i try to get communication through SIMATIC FIELD PG. I am not sure where is mistake.
hi tim2,
I think you are on the wright way but still now i am not sure. i email to Siemens but up to now i did get reply.i don't understand how to search Entry id.if you have time kindly explain me how to search it.realy i am sorry for that.
kind regards.
jamal.

If you just open a web browser, go to google, and type in siemens automation Entry ID: 109476315 it will show up toward the top of the search results.

Are you showing any errors in your device manager ? does it show up under ports as a USB ? or as a Simatic device

Hi tim2 and all,
You couldn't be wrong.you are absolutely right. My problem has been solved by your idea and knowledge.i browsing seimens web site and follow there instructions and I have done somatic USB update and finally I am able to get communication via mpi interface.
Just now I would like to say GOD bless you and wish all of your good luck who help me.
See you again with another thread.
Kind regards.
Jamal.

IMG_20161230_084549.jpg