View ME tag browser not "seeing" all channels

Controls Tech

Hey guys I am attempting to build an HMI that controls a powerflex 4m VDF. I am using View ME and lite 500, my controller is a ML1400 bxb. I have used four of my inputs to physical switches that control the drive FWD,REV,STOP,etc. Now I want an HMI to do the same thing, I have my HMI buttons programmed into logix but ran into the whole handshaking deal with latched buttons in ME and noticed that the tag browser is only detecting my first 8 inputs (I:0/0 - I:0/7) shouldn`t I have 20 inputs available? Same for my outputs it only recognizes the first 6.
Thanks in advance.

Have you created the tags in the hmi or using online tags ?
Did you refresh all folders when looking for the tags

Online tags, programming ladder logic as I build the HMI. just to make sure I am looking at this correct, in the tag browser window I go to my inputs folder and address reads as I:0.0,I assume this is the same a I:0/0, starting to second guess this assumption.

Last edited:
The addressing for MicroLogix I/O will by Type:Slot.Word/Bit

What you're seeing is an effect of how FactoryTalk browses SLC/MicroLogix data tables. It can browse down to the Word level, but you have to manually select a Bit.

So just browse as far as I:0.0, then manually type /00 through /15 for the Bit number.

The discrete inputs on a 20-Input MicroLogix 1400 are:

I:0.0/0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
I:0.1/0,1,2,3

And of course remember that no HMI can write over an Input data element; even if the data table weren't Read-Only, it would be over-written by the actual Input data read from the input circuits milliseconds later.

Address your HMI objects to internal data tables like the N7 and B3 data tables, and use those bits in addition to physical inputs in your program.

Ok just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, assign my "input value to the B3 AND N7 data tables in logix use those to branch around my physical input switches. Any good strait forward info on the Latch reset type? Read this real long post about it on here and it was kinda confusing.