Panelview 1400E ser E Download

sifis

Banned User
Panelview 1400E ser E 2711E-T14C6/E, during boot up it says "waiting firmware download from PCMCIA card or serial port".
I connect from the laptop to the PV1400E, using 2711-NC1 cable & I try to download the firmware upgrade using the Panelview upgrade utility.
I get an error of "no response from the terminal".
I notice that the software port is com3 (fixed) & the device manager comms port is com1.
I think that the mismatch of the 2 ports is the problem, but I am not sure how to correct it.
Any help will be appreciated.
thank you.

This is a very old "Enhanced" PanelView terminal, not the modern PanelView Plus.

They had a proprietary OS that looked a lot like Windows 3.1 but wasn't. They've been out of production for about 15 years.

What upgrade utility are you using ? Are you sure it's for the 2711E, and not for the 2711 PanelView Standard terminals ? It's been so long I'm sure I couldn't even find the diskettes.

I would expect the upgrade utility to be able to change the COM port it's using; I've never seen one with an actual fixed COM port number that would require you to alter your PC.

T1400e

This is a very old "Enhanced" PanelView terminal, not the modern PanelView Plus.

They had a proprietary OS that looked a lot like Windows 3.1 but wasn't. They've been out of production for about 15 years.

What upgrade utility are you using ? Are you sure it's for the 2711E, and not for the 2711 PanelView Standard terminals ? It's been so long I'm sure I couldn't even find the diskettes.

I would expect the upgrade utility to be able to change the COM port it's using; I've never seen one with an actual fixed COM port number that would require you to alter your PC.
2711E-T14C6, WINXP laptop.
I have the 2711E-ND1 on a CDROM, I think it is the latest version available.
The software upgrade utility comms port is fixed, com3.
The laptop com3 port is in use.
I tried to change the laptop com3, it locked up the computer.
No luck yet.
Thank you.

2711e-t14c6 corrupt firmware

I was able to free up port comm1 of the Sony laptop.
I am downloading the firmware, but it times out.
There are jumpers on the motherboard.
Am I supposed to change any jumpers on the motherboard to download the firmware?
Baud rate is 9600.
I am making progress, but I have not been able to correct the issue.
I have 2 2711E-T14C6 units with the same issue.
I will figure it out one of these days.
Thank you.

Good day. I am looking for the Install for PanelBuilder 1400e.

I just want to open a old backup from PB1200 and convert it to PB1400e to open it in Factorytalk Vew ME. I dont have the serial or product key to download from RA.