downloading to plc

darienpogi

hello there!
I need your help, i have a problem with my PLC.
The program has been downloaded to plc but i cant online, then i try to redownload the program the connection say "the connection has time out" In short i can't download again to plc even i ping the controller.

in "Active Who" the DOWNLOAD, UPLOAD and GO ONLINE are unclickable :(

software: rslogix5000
communication : Ethernet cable

i need your response please! thank you very much

Are you on a network with other devices, is it possible something else came online and snatched your PLCs IP?

can you go over serial DB9/USB?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=50900

See Ken Roach's Comment
The simplest solution to this is to use the Ethernet Devices driver, where you manually enter the IP addresses of the network nodes. This does not use a broadcast, so it won't be affected by the broadcast blocking function of the VPN. You may have to append ":EIP" to the end of the IP address in the AB_ETH driver to force the driver to use exclusively TCP Port 44818 instead of attempting to first use TCP Port 2222 (the older A-B protocol for PLC-5E).