S7 300 series to OPC

kumar satyam

any special setting in simatic manager for accesssing variables in OPC server??
I want to access variables from plc to PC via ethernet.
Can someone suggest ways..

any special setting in simatic manager for accesssing variables in OPC server??
I want to access variables from plc to PC via ethernet.
Can someone suggest ways..
HI Kumar
yes you have to configure simatic station in netpro and use the same settings in station configurator in PC.

-srikanth@Vibrant automations Pvt Ltd

Hi Srikant,
Thanks for reply...
i dont have any station configurator . I will be using third party OPC server as Kepware or matrikon. Can u Share some screenshots as i am very new to Siemens Programming. I am using trial version of Simatic Manager

Fairly straight forward, I would recommend using one or several DB's to collect all the data. Then use:

bit = x: db1.dbx0.1
int = w: db1.dbw2
dint = d: db1.dbd4
float = d: db1.dbd8

you can also access memory directly, but I am not a big fan of doing that:
M0.0
MW2
MD4

I can recommend kepware, remember you need to get the siemens drivers for those (I would use TCP).