Step 7 V5.5 working with Strings and Keepware server.

Kasperv79

Hi Guys.

Our system is based on iFix and PLC 300/400. We recentle changed from using the Six driver from Proscada to Keepware server.

After changing the driver, then on one of the PLC's we didnt see the strings anymore. after som faultfinding I figured out that keepware is using both byte 0 (string max lenght) and byte 1 ( string actuel lenght.)

my problem was that byte 1 was "0".

So my qustion is When/How is byte 1 beeing updated?

I cannot finds anything about how the PLC is handling byte 0/1 in strings.

/Kasper.

As far as I know, the 300 handles byte 0/1 automatically for its operations.

I have no idea if Kepware is smart enough to do that on its end as well, when it writes strings to the PLC.

Similar Topics

Hi every one I want to connect the two stations in step 7 I have a CPU 315-2PN/DP as a master and the CPU 315-2 DP can any one help me by showing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a im151-8 cpu as the ring manager and three im151-3 pn as the ring clients. I have set up the hardware configuration and the ring...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a friend of mine is learning basics steps in STEP 7 programming. He was going through example "Working with STEP7.pdf" from standard...
Replies
Views
:mad: I am facing a strange problem. I have built a simple SFB4 TON being turned on by a bit M80.0 & with a fixed time of T#5S. (Seperate DB...
Replies
Views
I installed S5 V 7.23 SOFTWARE ON WINDOWS XP-SP1.WHEN I CLICK THE step 5 program, just display the windows and disappear.please suggest me how to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom