Pelco Sarix Camera

Saturn_Europa

I am having a difficult time installing a Pelco Sarix Camera IP. I have the IP address and subnet set correctly to match my network.

The camera is to be installed about 220-250 ft away from the POE Hirschmann MICE managed switch. With the camera plugged into the Hirschmann switch, I can neither ping the camera or pull up the web browser interface.

With an unmanaged POE switch, I can open the cameras web browser interface and ping it all day long. But only right at the network cabinet. With that long run of ethernet connected the camera boots up but I cannot ping it or open the web browser interface. I hooked up my laptop at the end of the long run and can ping the digital sentry server. I also hooked up my ethernet tester and the ethernet cable passed.

Are there settings on managed switches to allow IP camera traffic to pass? The network lights dont light up when the switch is plugged into the Hirschmann MICE switch but the camera boots up.

Any suggestions would be great! I am about to call in an air strike on this thing!

Just a quick guess in the dark, but if that camera has heaters, you cannot power it via PoE. There are a few knowledgebase articles on the subject over at Pelco's website.