GE PMQII Data To Redlion

Chris IWO

Hi ALL,

I have a GE PQMII,Redlion Data Station & GE LM90 30 PLC

I am trying to map data out of the PQMII to Redlion using Modbus-RS485 and then using Ethernet (TCP/IP) to map data from Redlion to GE LM 9030 PLC.

I know Modbus uses hexadecimal and PLC Registers are in Decimal

I need a technical procedure on how to configure/program

Thank you
Chris
Ok Tedi Mining Limited

Hi ALL,

I have a GE PQMII,Redlion Data Station & GE LM90 30 PLC

I am trying to map data out of the PQMII to Redlion using Modbus-RS485 and then using Ethernet (TCP/IP) to map data from Redlion to GE LM 9030 PLC.

I know Modbus uses hexadecimal and PLC Registers are in Decimal

I need a technical procedure on how to configure/program

Thank you
Chris
Ok Tedi Mining Limited
I know not about the PQMII but every 90-30 I knew of had a way to communicate MB RTU either RS-485 or RS-232 and those with Ethernet MB/TCPIP and they all can use hexadecimal, so I don't understand your dilemma or question or why the need for the DataStation.
If we had more detail, there should be more specific help for you.

Hi RussB,

The original setup on the LM90 30 was modbus using the IC693PCM301(Programmable Coprocessor Module).However,its faulty & I don't have the right software to program it.So I decided to go the other way using the REDLION Data Station.The data station has all the communication protocols,including the modbus RS485 and Ethernet.
Basically am trying to use modbus (RS485) from GE PMQII to Redlion and then using Ethernet from REDLION to LM90 30
I have stetup the communication already & PQMII is talking with REDLION
I am also seeing huge numbers which I asked about Hexadecimal to decimal

Thanks
Chris

I suggest you use the GE SRTP protocol for a 90-30 on the Ethernet port of the Data Station and map them to REALs or DINT variables in the 90-30, %R, %G, or %AI addressing.
If neither data type matches you can write a script in the Data Station to convert to something else.

I am also seeing huge numbers which I asked about Hexadecimal to decimal
The issue is probably misinterpretation of the data formats.

The data values are probably 32 bit long integers or floating point values and the 'huge number' is a misinterpretation of the byte order: little-endian value interpreted as a big endian value.

It is not Hex or decimal; those are merely conventions used to express numbers.

If the bits are not in the correct sequence/order, then the result is not original number, it is some other number. Byte swapped floating point values get unrealistically huge, like x.xxx^16

Look for some setting that changes the FP or long integer byte pattern.

I suggest you use the GE SRTP protocol for a 90-30 on the Ethernet port of the Data Station and map them to REALs or DINT variables in the 90-30, %R, %G, or %AI addressing.
If neither data type matches you can write a script in the Data Station to convert to something else.

Thanks RussB