M251 vs Micro850

OPO

Anyone have experience using both systems pro/cons?
Just looking into them both it seems you get a better packkage with the M251 because of the web server hmi aspect. Please share any experience you may have with both platforms.

Anyone have experience using both systems pro/cons?
Just looking into them both it seems you get a better packkage with the M251 because of the web server hmi aspect. Please share any experience you may have with both platforms.

Might be worth mentioning the manufacturers you are talking about....

Micro850 is a bargain PLC for the price but the software is truly terrible. Not so much the editing (the ladder editor is a bit clunky but the ST is OK) it’s the monitoring and downloading that’s the problem. Monitoring ST is an absolute joke and be prepared to wait close to a minute to download anything (and even more for a single online change). Make sure you have a book handy as you will have lots of spare time just waiting. Really hard to see how they could bring this to market in its current form.

We won’t ever use these again.

These aren't at all comparable products (other than they are PLCs). The M251 is a powerful PLC that uses SoMachine (Codesys) for programming. A closer equivalent to the Micro850 is the M221.

Connected components release 10, decreased the downloading/online editing time quite considerabily...

There's also a bunch of new features that makes it a more "friendly" PLC...

Connected components release 10, decreased the downloading/online editing time quite considerabily...

There's also a bunch of new features that makes it a more "friendly" PLC...

CCW Revision 10:
Can you give me a hint where to download it: I have been browsing the Rockwell site up and down - no joy.

Thanks.