Active Alarm Issue on Proficy Project

nmb550

I have recently transitioned from a role as a Maintenance Supervisor to a new role as Maintenance Controls Engineer.

I have recently encountered an issue with an HMI not displaying active alarms. Further investigation revealed two HMI in the system and neither display active alarms.

Currently using a QPView 12" TFT (IC754VSL12CTD) and a QPView 6" TFT (IC754VSL06CTD) with a GE Fanuc 90-30 processor, GE TCPIP drivers. Project created in Proficy V6.0 Sim 24 Build 5005.

Project was sent to GE support and verified as a good project and alarm functionality is normal.

I suspect a communication issue/driver issue but am not sure. All other functionality of the HMI appears to be in working order. Alarm bits show active in PLC program.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

A few relevant questions:
Did they display at one time?
Do other variables display? If yes the problem is not in the Comms link.
How are they supposed to display? In an "Alarm window"? If yes verify that it is setup properly, see online help in PME.
Are all alarm variables properly parameterized to be displayed on an HMI, see online help for details.

Do yourself a big favor by updating to the latest version of PME, AFAIK, version 9.0 is still shipping which means that you are more than three years behind. Trust me in PME newer is almost always better.

Last edited:
I was actually able to correct the issue by deleting all of the fxRuntime files from the HMI in both SRAM and Programs folders. This has been referred to as "QPView cleanup". I did, however, discover an error in the project with the Root Alarm Groups and ViewScript alarm filter on the active alarms panel. I was able to connect and download the project without further issues.