Amplify voltage signal

Something that small, I think I'd suggest using an Analog input to drive a relay output (or solid state output if the switching frequency was high enough).

I don't know if you can find a plain relay to switch at that low of a level (not like 5V logic or something).

It is coming from a speed sensor it is switching every 22ms. Have to count the pluses out of the sensor.

Hmm. Ya, that won't be happening with my suggestion.

I was thinking about using a high speed counter but they need a 5v signal witch i don't have

Are you sure it's 1-2.2v, or is that what you are measuring when you put a voltmeter on the output of the sensor while it is running?

Every encoder signal converter I've ever seen started at 5V TTL levels.

Is this a discrete on/off pulse at that low level, or some kind of modulated speed signal ?

Is it possibly a magnetic pickup. Those typically have dedicated amplifiers. Echoing bjh's request, please provide an exact definition (part number) of the source.

As Theron asked how are you measuring the Voltage? If you are measuring between the Signal and Ground you will only see a fraction of the voltage signal because it will be switching so fast the meter cant read it accurately. Most of the time when I do that I see a voltage that is about 50% of the input voltage. Which makes sense if the signal is a 50/50 duty cycle. All the encoders I have seen are that way.

As Bernie pointed out if it is a Magnetic pick up most of them work off mV and are a sine wave. The faster you move something through the magnetic field created by the sensor the more voltage is outputted from the sensor. We use them a lot in the Liquid Measurement field. If you have a Mag Pickup look up Turbine Meter Pre-amp and I am sure you will find a bunch of companies that make them.

voltage amped

I had a similar application. Most power transistors can handle that easily. A single transistor and two resistors. I would barely call that a, "circuit". Alternatives might take even more time.

I have not been able to measure this voltage myself this is information that customer is giving me to design off of. In design stages still.