Ethernet Comm KUKA KRC4-AB

Maxi432

Good morning Gents,

I am trying to communicae AB GuardLogix PLC and a KRC4 KUKA Robot over ethernet IP.

First of all, when I choose generic standard module is not possible, because RSLogix 5K asking me about vendor ID, Product type, etc. and this kind of module does no have these options.

After that, I have tried establish CIP Ehternet connection using safety generic module but I do not know how to configure Connection parameters (Input Assembly Instance and Output Assembly Instance for Safety Inputs and safety outputs) 4 parameters in total.

An apology in advance cause my English is not good.

Any help is much appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum !

If the KUKA module shows up in RSLinx Classic, you can right-click and select "Device Properties" to get the Vendor, Type, Code and Revision.

KUKA should have an example of how to configure the Generic Ethernet Module object.

Welcome to the Forum !

If the KUKA module shows up in RSLinx Classic, you can right-click and select "Device Properties" to get the Vendor, Type, Code and Revision.

KUKA should have an example of how to configure the Generic Ethernet Module object.
Hello Ken:

Thank you so much.

Yes, I see KUKA module in RSLinx and I already have Vendor ID, Product Type, etc.; the issue is when I configure a generic standard module to establish comm, the software request me these parameters but generic module does not have any option to set them.

In safety generic module I put these parameters but I do not know how to set Safety Assembly Instance

Thanks again

Hi Maxi,

what kind of communication you want to establish to the KUKA robot? Non safety and safety or only one of them?

I established both communications this week so I could tell you more about that.

If you need both communications a generic ethernet module does not work because you need the standard and safety generic module pointing to the same robot IP which is not possible.
For that KUKA provides a AOP. With that module you can establish non safety and safety.

Please see thread
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=107384

The standard instances are:

Input instance = 100
Output instance = 101
Config instance = 102

Hi Maxi,

what kind of communication you want to establish to the KUKA robot? Non safety and safety or only one of them?

I established both communications this week so I could tell you more about that.

If you need both communications a generic ethernet module does not work because you need the standard and safety generic module pointing to the same robot IP which is not possible.
For that KUKA provides a AOP. With that module you can establish non safety and safety.

Please see thread
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=107384

The standard instances are:

Input instance = 100
Output instance = 101
Config instance = 102
Taylor:

thank you so much for your help. I will try it today!!!!!