Simatic MPI or Profibus packet sniffer?

longsoul

Hi to all
How many of you have had to replace a still working hmi with a different model in a system without having sources?
Well, in my experience, I have to obtain good patience and during stop production times, have to carry out many tests.
Is there a way to record all commands and requests that an hmi send to PLC?

any practical example? ;)
thanks

One other thing to keep in mind is that while the HMI is communicating to the PLC via the same physical medium as Profibus, it probably doesn't actually talk Profibus IO (it isn't a profibus slave). They usually use S7 communications to make data requests from the PLC (PUT/GET style), and so you need to make sure you get a profibus analyzer that supports it as well.

Hello

Profitrace (www.procentec.com) is a tool that records Profibus frames.

In the past in similar situations we read the PLC code carefully and understand what part does what. Then you can monitor DBs while someone operates the HMI. This may work for a small project.