SLC 5/04 trying to use an input to change CH0 from DH+ to DF1

No.

Channel 0 supports DF1, DH485, ASCII and on some newer versions Modbus RTU Master. Channel 0 does not support DH+ protocol.

Channel 1 supports DH+ only.

Misspoke myself; trying to use an input to toggle between DF1 and DH485. Wasn't sure if I could work this through S:34/0 S:34/5...did some trial and error with poor results. Any suggestions?

You cannot do that either. You cannot change the protocol on channel 0 from DF1 to DH485 or DH485 to DF1 with an input (thats a programming change). The bits you are talking about are used for passthru communication Channel 0 to Channel 1 or channel 1 to channel 0.

You can change the mode of channel 0 from "System driver " to "User driver"

Ex. if channel 0 is configured for DF1 and you want to change it to ASCII you could use a external device (PC) to change the mode of the channel (system to user).

Last edited:
Alright; thank you, Mickey. Was hoping for something that would be switchable while we transition to standardizing our communication protocol and would be isolated within the machine(without PC). Thank you again tho.