can anyone help me?

fremont

the beta of a transistor is 100, when operationg in a linear region, a transsitor has 10 milliamps of collector curret what is the base current them?

The beta of a transistor is 100.
When operationg in a linear region, a transistor has 10 milliamps of collector current.
What is the base current then?

At least get the spelling corrected!

The ratio of the base current to the collector current is called Beta (â). In essence, Beta is the maximum possible current gain that can be produced in a given transistor. Typical Beta values for small-signal transistors are in the range of 100 to 200. In contrast, power transistors can have Beta (â) values of 20 to 70. The equation for calculating Beta is:

â = Ic/Ib

This means that Beta is equal to the collector current divided by the base current. The important point to recognize about transistor current gain is that the higher collector current is controlled by the much smaller base current.

Hope this could help.

fcs

Ya missed one...

gbradley said:
When operationg in a linear region, a transistor has 10 milliamps of collector current

At least get the spelling corrected!

At least correct ALL the errors, George!... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Maybe I missed one on purpose. :unsure:
But you know me better than that.

It would be nice to see Fremont come back and post the answer now.
Thanks fcserrano that's good to know.
â = Ic/Ib