Help with GE series one

newtom

Hey guys
I've blown the dust off my old series one plc. I'd like to use this kid as a controller for my fish tank systems.
i.e to turn on the lights at 10:00 am and shut them down at night. i figured there is no 24hr clock in this old feller so i have to program one through timer and counters. if anyone can advise me on how to program such thing i'll be really thankful

Assuming it's a Series One Plus CPU (CPU104, CPU105, or CPU106), internal bit 375 is a 0.1 second clock tick. Use it to drive a counter with a preset of 599 that runs between 0 and 599 and then resets. That gives you seconds * 10. Output from that counter drives another counter running between 0 and 59 for minutes which cascades to a third counter running between 0 and 23 for hours.

It won't be particularly accurate. You'll find you have to reset it fairly regularly to keep it current with the actual time.

Thanks steve
thats exactly what i thought
but i haven't figured out how to add count each 60 sec (there is a seconds timer as well) and how to trigger events on specific counter values
(the manual is somewhat confusing to me when it comes to that)

if you can send me some example logic code of those things i'll be glad

btw
i have the original series one

Tom

No, that particular manual is only available on GE Fanuc's 'Legacy Products' CD. If there is a distributor of GE Fanuc products near you, you might be able to get a copy from them. I can email you a copy of the manual, but first please confirm the part number of your CPU, as the example I cited only works on a One Plus CPU. You also need to confirm that you have a broadband internet connection and that you can accept large attachments. The manual is a 25 meg pdf file.

You mentioned having a manual in which the examples weren't particularly clear. What is the publication number of the manual you have?

If it is a Series One Plus, then it is the same manual as the AutomationDirect DirectLogic 305 series. You can download the manual here.