Initial Setup for Schneider HMISTU655

a4wanman

I'm trying to help our industrial tech instructor setup and download a project to a Schneider HMISTU655 touch panel.

When powered up, the panel boots and displays IP address information. The only option is to change the network settings if you press the option in the upper right corner.

He has loaded the Vijeo Designer software (v 6.?) on his laptop. Does the download from laptop to panel require a special USB cable? We can not get the project to download.

We thought of trying to save the project to a USB flash drive and use the flash drive. However, the panel still boots to the IP address information screen. We've tried pressing the top left corner within 10 seconds of booting up to get the SETTINGS menu but haven't had any luck.

What am I missing? I have not tried to download the project via Ethernet yet since there is no network connectivity in the room. I'm thinking of trying a cross-over cable or use a mini-switch.

Do you have to first download settings to the panel using the Vijeo software (page 80 in user guide) before being able to get into SETTINGS and download from USB flash drive?

Not familiar with this panel. Please forgive my ignorance.

Welcome to forum.

No need of special cable, however it needs to be good quality (screened, usb2.0 spec) cable.
Then download project to panel with vijeo. You see on panel boot firmware version of panel. If it is less than your vijeo version you should be able download project.
Downgrading panel version is sometimes difficult.

For usb flash disk, it needs to be FAT32 version, at least it was situation before. Also earlier it needed to be less than 2GB, but not anymore with new panels.
Don't put anything else to flash drive than vijeo project maded by designer. When you connect usb flsh drive, panel should reconize usb flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6zshRv7Yo

Thanks for the reply. I was able to download a "blank" project(created new project but did not add anything to project) to the HMI with a USB flash drive.

Now, when the HMI is powered on, it shows "Booting..." then "OS is not found". It then displays "Setup" in the middle on the display.

I set the To Configuration to Top Left on the "blank" project. If I download a different project to the USB flash drive and insert into the HMI, nothing happens.

What's my next step? Thanks for helping a novice.

Make sure to use a mini usb 5 pin.....not 4 pin. When the target is selected look in the property window and select download to usb. If using normal usb to usb a special cable is needed. You will see there are 2 usb ports on the hmi.
For connecting on ethernet you have to set the ip and subnet on the screen config and press ok. Then cycle power. Using any patch lead you should be able to download. Make sure your pc ip is setup in same range as screen

I'm not able to communicate with the HMI at all. It no longer recognizes the USB flash drive. I was going to try connecting with a cross-over ethernet cable, but I'm not able to set the IP address on the HMI.

The only thing that happens when the HMI is powered on:

1) shows "booting....." (see booting.png attached)
2) shows "OS not found" (see os.png attached)
3) shows "setup" (see setup.png attached)

Touching the top left corner or two corners does not bring up the Settings option.

Any other suggestions?

booting.jpg os.jpg setup.jpg