Tia Portal and MP277 Connection problems

Blue Fox

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with a HMI. I am trying to update a HMI using TIA prtal versions 13 and 14 and have the same issues in both. The HMI is a Seimens MP277 10" I never used to have any issues with the screen on TIA portal V12 but having been away from the site for 18 months I have returned and am now having problems.

When I try to download I do a search for the screen and TIA portal finds it no problem but when I then go load it stops with an error saying it couldn't connect to the screen. I have tried a couple of different methods - plugging directly into the screen in the LAN socket, plugging into the Lan router and over WIFI but these all produce the same issue and all worked previously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is probably goin gto be something obvious that I have missed!!

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with a HMI. I am trying to update a HMI using TIA prtal versions 13 and 14 and have the same issues in both. The HMI is a Seimens MP277 10" I never used to have any issues with the screen on TIA portal V12 but having been away from the site for 18 months I have returned and am now having problems.

When I try to download I do a search for the screen and TIA portal finds it no problem but when I then go load it stops with an error saying it couldn't connect to the screen. I have tried a couple of different methods - plugging directly into the screen in the LAN socket, plugging into the Lan router and over WIFI but these all produce the same issue and all worked previously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is probably goin gto be something obvious that I have missed!!

You might need to check which transfer driver to use. The MPs support both PN and Ethernet. Both use the ethernet cable, but it needs to be the same on both sides.