powerflex 755 faults

Phase loss in a PowerFlex drive is only sensed via monitoring of the DC bus ripple. It really means "excessive DC bus ripple", but 99% of the time the only thing that causes that (other than issues that would be picked up by other protection functions) is the loss of an input phase. In fact if your load is very low (<50% of drive rating), the DC bus may hold up fine even with one phase missing. That's why you can use any PowerFlex drive as a phase converter without any special programming.

Why this only happens when you are changing direction or jogging is a real mystery though. More details of exactly what you are doing and how you are doing it might lead to an explanation.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am controlling a powerflex 755 over ethernet using a 1769-L24-QB1B controller Firmware version 30.11, And a Panelview plus 7 Standard...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to reset the driver to factory defaults. In the MEMORY folder I choose the set defaults and select this port only. Then press...
Replies
Views
So I have a sort of unique situation where I'm wanting to run a PF755 from the IO and over ethernet. Of course, this comes with it's own set of...
Replies
Views
Hi I was wondering I need to update the firmware of a 755 inverter does the drive hold the program on the drive and just updates the firmware or...
Replies
Views
So I'm replacing a terminal block on the inverter board for a 755. I'm wondering if anyone knows what conformal coating would be best? I'm not...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom