Automated Run

cetie17

This post is not so much related to PLCs but for some kind of sensing device I could connect to a PLC. Basically I need to accurately measure foot placement as a runner runs down a runway (say in the long jump). I thought of using photo eyes to detect foot placement but it would take a lot of photo eyes to ensure I capture every step in the run. Also thinking of a vision system but not sure if that would work. Any suggestions.

I thought of light curtains (if that is what you are referring to) but the ones I have dealt with don't feed back measurements of where the blockage is - they just have a relay output based on if there is something in the curtains view. Is there one that does measurement?

Similar Topics

Hello, I wanted to know if there is software that performs automatic backups and version checking. Additionally, it should support multiple...
Replies
Views
I have been tasked with building an inventory of all of our automation devices across multiple large sites. Most of our hardware is Rockwell and...
Replies
Views
Hi All. I Used this Post as a Starting Point to get the Files: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=80472 I Then used FTP To grab...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , Looking to upgrade and automate our motor rewind shop . I was on YouTube looking at some automated coil winders .Who are the...
Replies
Views
New management team at my company is making a big push for automated reporting and OEE. They are also don't want to make any major capital...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom