1756-HSC pulse count error

gonehunting

I have a problem with excessive pulses from a 1756-HSC. The pulses are coming from rosemount flow meter.

What I have noted is with a 1 HZ generated loop test my pulse count is good out of the flow meter, but in the program I am getting 62 to 63 pulses a minute instead of 60. Now I tried installing a 1K pull up resistor which caused the program to stop counting. I assume it held it high. My question is should i figure out what resistor value to use use? or figure what the source of miss count is?

Also any thoughts on what would be a good scope for troubleshooting these kinds of problems. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Just finished an upgrade from a SLC500 to CLX where they had a 1746-HSCE and we're now using a 1756-HSC. Two wire pulse signal from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have Rslogix 5000 project which has a 1756-hsc card connected to a motor BEI encoder. I set up 1756-hsc as counter mode. when watching the...
Replies
Views
:nerves:I am trying to use a 1756 HSC in a Logix rack in mode 4 (store reset, start) using a PEC into the Z input. My problem is that I have two...
Replies
Views
I have am trying to determine if I can use a 1756-IB16I (or some dc input equivalent) to handle a 24vdc input pulse frequency of 80 pulses per...
Replies
Views
I have an older SLC500 that has a PLS card in its rack. I want to remove the SLC and add a L23E-QBFC1. Can a resolver be wired up to the High...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom