Clx-5000 1756-l73

desman_bp2

Dear all,
may be people here wants to share experiance about interconnection between two controllers AB 1756-L73,
as per this attachment pic, im trying to develope programme in routine system B scoope but my programme need analoge input from system A, is there any methode for that. if not i'm hardly to pull 1500 meters cable length for my application system. :(

attachment.php

Here's one way....

You can "share" input modules between multiple processors.

You just have to ensure that the configurations match exactly in both controllers. Easiest way to do this is the COPY the module from one controller project to the other (once it is configured of course).

Here's another....

"Produce" the tag containing the scaled analog input data, and "Consume" it in the other processor.

And another....

Use a MSG to READ the data from the controller containing it.

I like the first idea, because it costs nothing.

Dear sir
How are you, hope everything's good, thank you for your advise....i tried the third method by message...its looks like some delay about 60.000 ms for the transaction data, and im still not get clue about that its very dangerous for my application because the data not realtime update for the actual at field in routine program for the B controller its not happened for the system A, may be for your kindess give me some clue or reference document for the others...specially for the first one. *_^ .....anyway once again thank you verymuch....for the respone my thread

If you want Controller B to read the inputs from Controller A, then you need to add those modules to the I/O configuration.
  1. Open The Controller B Appliction
  2. If it is not already present, add the local communications (EtherNet/IP) module to the I/O configurtion
  3. If it is not already present, add the remote communications (EtherNet/IP) module to the I/O configuration
  4. Add the remote input modules you wish to communicate with

With this, the input module sends the input data to controller A and Controller B at the same time.

When adding the remote inputs you can select an option to LISTEN ONLY. This allows Controller A to be the only controller to store the module's configuration. This would prevent a possible configuration error if Controller A and B had mismatching configurations. Controller B would not store that configuration but would still receive all input data. This is the required method if you want to get the Output Module data. This is configured on the same screen where you define the slot number. This setting cannot be changed after you have accepted the module.

OG

Last edited:
The first method, "sharing" the input module, will give you the best "synchronism" in the two controllers, because they will both be reading the same tag "produced" by the input module.

The very best way to configure the module in the second controller is to firstly be totally happy that it is working ok in the first controller.

It is then an easy job to copy from controller #1 and paste into the I/O configuration of controller #2. Doing it that way will guarantee that all of the configuration data will be matched. This data must match to allow the "multiple-ownership".

For me, this is a better set-up than a "listen-only" connection, because if the "owner-controller" loses ownership (e.g. by losing power), then the module sees that it has no owner, dumps the configuration, and stops producing data. The controller that is "listening" will not receive new data until the owner-controller re-establishes it's "connection" to the module.

When 2 {or more} controllers are sharing ownership of a module, so long as at least 1 of them retains its "connection", it will continue to produce data.

It is well-worth adding a warning into the module "description" field that it is a shared module, and any configuration changes must also be made to any other controllers sharing it.

You can also monitor the Module Status with a GSV, specific error codes can tell you that the controller cannot be connected to because of a "Parameter Error", caused by a change to configuration in the other controller.

Last edited: