Remote I/O outside of enclosure, does it satisfy UL?

rzielke

Hello,

We're considering using some Turck sensor/actuator remote I/O blocks that are IP67 rated at a station in a machine we're building and I was hoping that someone here may be able to tell me if because they are IP67, do they satisfy the UL listing requirement, or would these remote I/O blocks also have to be inside an enclosure? It would be ideal to have these located under the machine just on a panel and behind a door, but not inside an actual electrical enclosure.

I've searched around online for this and I just haven't found any great info.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Not a UL expert, but you should just be able to check the datasheet of the blocks you're want to use to find out if they're UL listed.

I had a project a couple of years ago that used Turck remote I/O blocks that were IP67 rated. We mounted on machine w/o enclosure because that's what they were intended for. They were CE/cULus listed. I think the cULus means UL listed for US or Canada - but I would double check the spec like AGill suggested.

As the others say, you'd ultmately need to read the manufacturers specs. However, what you describe is exactly how those devices are advertised. Not much use for an IP67 device INSIDE a cabnet.