Monitor Heat Dissipation Help

RRoc

I am calculating all the heat dissipation in my PLC control panel. The HMI monitor I have does not state the power dissipation for the monitor. Only the Power Consumption, which is not the same. The power consumption is 16W, so I can state for worst case the heat dissipation for this monitor is 16W.

A device will never dissipate more heat than it can consume. Can someone confirm if this is feasible?

the only good way is to measure the power. however 16 Watt seems fine, calc 75% to the inside and 25% to the outside. as this is in the front of the panel.

I would use the full 16 W to be safe. If you are so close the edge that 4 W makes a difference you are probably in trouble anyway.

Similar Topics

We have a quad monitor setup with FT SE and we are utilizing a header screen at the top of every display. when we open a new page we abort the...
Replies
Views
Our plant manger/my boss wants each line to display the takt time above the line. I am trying to research the cheapest way to do this. Our plant...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Looking for support and ideas. We are trying to go online to monitor/fault find on an S7-300 programmed with TIA Portal V15. I can...
Replies
Views
We finally replaced our Cognex Checker with an IV-3 and I'm wondering if can replace the s/w in the monitor with anything else. I haven't been...
Replies
Views
Im very new to programmin,but i was wanting to try and set up a program that could monitor the speed of a roller. Would it be possible to use the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom