TIA portal and PLC SIM

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I've never tried PLC SIM and wanted to give it a try now when I got v14. I have all installed and updated to the latest version. s7-1200 fw 4.1 in project.
I press start simulation, and things start to happen but when I press download it only say "error downloading to module". I know I was ignorant thinking it would be so straight forward. Anyone has any suggestion on what might be wrong?

/Tim

PLCSIM.jpg

PLCsim V14 does not work in Windows 10 for S7-1200. It works for S7-1500 & ET200sp CPUs.
TIA portal V14 is not officially compliant with Windows 10. This will come with SP1 in the summer of '17.
I had the same problem in December and after my research I cam to the conclusions and answers above.
I had to install V14 in Windows 7 VM.

Another bug I found is this (not related to the version of Windows):
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=717291

Regards

Thanks for your reply. I'm running Windows 8.1 though, but maybe same problem here?
/Tim