FTView SE 9 Alarms

asterof

Trying to use a alarm banner but it is asking
for an event. So what is it asking for
Do I need to create an event item will all the alarm
tags in it

It is waiting for an ALMD or ALMA instruction to be triggered in the controller.

You will also need to enable FT Alarms & Events in both the RSLinx Enterprise settings as well as the controller shortcut.

Trying to use a alarm banner but it is asking
for an event.

Do you mean it's sitting there saying "waiting for alarm events"? That's just the message that is shown when there are no alarms or events to show, it's basically saying "everything is good, I'm just going to sit here and wait until I have something to show you".

Is it saying this when it should be displaying alarms/events, or were you just wondering why the message was there?

I want to use the banner to display standard HIM alarm tags not sql alarm tags,I think it is asking for an SQL alarm server connection