Anyone have AB Autocad DWGs?

kweaver39

I am trying to get Allen Bradley Autocad files, but AB has changed the way they distribute them, and now you have to use their stupid applet to access the files, and there's a bug in the install program, so it doesn't work. Does anyone out there have or know where I can find AB PLC Autocad files so I don't have to re draw them?

Have you tried to use ABECAD?

That is the Rockwell AutoCad overlay. I don't know if it is ready for AutoCad 2004 but I used to use it with previous releases of Autocad and it worked pretty well.

TJR

I've been there; ABECAD is a plugin that doesn't work with Autocad LT (which is what I have), and there's a bug in the installation utility that prevents it from installing even in Autocad full version. Also, they've encapsulated the DWG files in CAB files, which are only accessible with their plugin, so you can't use the drawing files by themselves, even if you could get them.

FYI

I have ABECAD on my machine with AutoCAd LT and can open the drawings.

Thanks
Bob

At the Rockwell Automation support website you can configure a product at support.rockwellautomation.com. or www.ab.com/raise. Select product drawings and type in the product number of the card/processor you want drawings for. Drawings are in .dwg and .dxf. Hope this helps.

I regularely use the Raise link without issue?? All the part no.s i've entered so far have all come back with a product link and a 'Click here for drawings' link.

Hope this helps.........