GE Cimplicity upgrade (6 to 9.5)

phuz

It's been a while since I touched Cimplicity and I need to quote an upgrade. Are there any hurdles I should be aware of in going from version 6 to 9.5 (or current)?

As far as I know, the current version is 9.5 and associated SIMs. SIM 4 is the newest but will cause problems with WebSpace.

Hurdles will depend on what the current project uses.
The GE TCP/IP driver has been removed and must be replace with the GE Triplex driver.
All screens must be edited and resaved to the new version.

Here is a link to an upgrade checklist from GE that may help.

Hurdles will depend on what the current project uses. The GE TCP/IP driver has been removed and must be replace with the GE Triplex driver. All screens must be edited and resaved to the new version.

Here is a link to an upgrade checklist from GE that may help.

In the checklist you linked to it states...
"1 Note: For those options replaced by the S90 Triplex protocol, there is an application in the product called “Convert To Triplex” that will do the conversion to the new protocol with your project without any manual configuration required. Please refer to the product documentation on how to do this."

If you're familiar, would this eliminate the need to convert the screens manually? or just the configurations?

My site is still at 8.6 right now so I haven't touched the newer versions yet.

The Convert to Triplex should only change any GE TCP/IP devices to Triplex. It will not convert any screens.
I have not used the conversion utility. I did my conversions manually.

There is a script available from GE to convert screens. You have to register on their knowledge site to download the script.
This link searches the GE knowledge site for script. There is a result "Sample Script to Upgrade All Screens in a Folder".
This script will automatically upgrade all screens, but it has problems.

When I upgraded from 6.1 to 8.2, I used the screen script, but found I had to modify it to get it to work properly.

When I upgraded from 8.2 to 9.5, I did the screens manually. Edit, Save, Close. 200+ screens took about 15 minutes.

I don't think there is a version 8.6 of Proficy Cimplicity. None of this applies to Proficy Machine Edition.