Ffl slc500

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a FFL stack 20 integers long to record the data of the last 20 mixes made. Do I need a FFU to empty it. It seems as if I do as it was filled then stopped. If I do need a FFU would I need a counter to only unload once FFL is full or is there something I could do with the status bits.
Or should I change the whole thing to a string of COP files
As of now the mix has 23 steps that were already recorders in an integer file.
the last step being the mix pumped out. All the integers are reset to 0 on step 1 when a new batch is started. I made a FFL for steps 2-22 with a length of 20
That would go true with a one shot on step 23
Any Thoughts, Thanks

Do I need a FFU to empty it.
Yes.
If I do need a FFU would I need a counter to only unload once FFL is full or is there something I could do with the status bits.
You can use the DN bit of the control word to trigger the FFU. Note: the same control word is used for FFL & FFU instructions. Also, make sure the FFU executes in a rung/branch before the FFL instruction.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't get to test using the DN bit I made a counter that would only enable the FFU after the FFL was fired 20 times, They are only on the 9th load today so I am monitoring from my office.

No need to complicate things with FFL/FFU.

If you can suffer the data being in reverse order, i.e. newest at the highest address, you can use a single COP to shift the "stack", then insert the new data into the last address.

Logic500:-

COP Nxx:1 Nxx:0 19 , MOV {New_Data} Nxx:19

Logix5000:-

COP Stack[1] Stack[0] 19 , MOV New_Data Stack[19]

If your data must be newest to oldest, use an intermediate buffer to do the COPies.

Logic500:-

COP Nxx:0 Nyy:0 19 , COP Nyy:0 Nxx:1 19 , MOV {New_Data} Nxx:0

Logix5000:-

COP Stack[0] Buffer[0] 19 , COP Buffer[0] Stack[1] 19 , MOV New_Data Stack[0]