Cimplicity HMI communication with other devices with different protocol

smartatuls

Hi,

I am developing project in Cimplicity 9.0 and I want to communicate it with PLC on S90_TRIPLEX protocol. Also want to communicate with energymeter over Modbus TCP. If required in future will use Modbus RTU for communication for other devices.

Do i need to inform GE about all these required protocols while purchasing development and runtime linceses? or I can simply add whichever protocol i want to communicate?

FYI, version 9.5 is the latest. If you have not purchased, this should be what you receive.

The Triplex driver is included.

For version 9.0, you need to check with GE for Modbus. I am not sure if it is included or must be added in the purchase.
Modbus is included with version 9.5.

You can get the IGS driver package from GE. This is basically a rebrand of KepWare. Either provides OPC connectivity.