PLC Status in FTView SE

tuffluck13

Hello All,

New to PLCs.net here. I have been trying to locate some way of displaying the status of PLCs on my FTView SE screens for maintenance to be able to help troubleshoot.

So far all I've been able to find are displays in the Plant PAx platform that utilize VB. I'm not a fan of VB code in FTView as it isn't apparent to a user that it exists unless they know where to look for it.

Not sure if this is even possible or not without VB, but any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

What info are you looking for as you can get some info from RSLinx

@Mode current mode of processor(Run, Program, Remote Run, or Remote Program).
@Status current status(Ok or Faulted)
@ProcessorName name of the program running in processor
@Revision firmware version.
@PLCType processor type.

There are some more as well I have only ever used Mode and Status

My apologies, yes, it would be the ControlLogix / CompactLogix controllers for the most part, but we do have some SLC / PLC5 controllers.

That being said, I can honestly say that I've never seen anything like what you've provided me widelto. Definitely going to be looking into it tho as it seems that this may be what I'm looking for. We'll see how bad the head hurts after this. :) Thanks!

What info are you looking for as you can get some info from RSLinx

@Mode current mode of processor(Run, Program, Remote Run, or Remote Program).
@Status current status(Ok or Faulted)
@ProcessorName name of the program running in processor
@Revision firmware version.
@PLCType processor type.

There are some more as well I have only ever used Mode and Status

Basically just looking to provide maintenance with some sort of indication on the screen of whether a card is faulted or offline. Can you provide me an example of how you would utilize this method?

you just use it as you would a normal tag on in Factory Talk so you do do visibility animation on it or text box saying PLC faulted, PLC Run Mode, PLC Program mode etc...

I don't have my dev machine in front of me but I believe it just shows up under the tag browser in FTView under system maybe???

you just use it as you would a normal tag on in Factory Talk so you do do visibility animation on it or text box saying PLC faulted, PLC Run Mode, PLC Program mode etc...

I don't have my dev machine in front of me but I believe it just shows up under the tag browser in FTView under system maybe???

Thanks! I'll check it out.