Ethernet Safe

drip

Hello,
I have done many projects using guardlogix and have always used D-net for all safe operations. I was wondering when doing it over Ethernet can I use one EN2T card for all safe and non-safe communications? Or should I separate them? I have always separated them in D-NET by practice, but I am not sure if this is a necessity for Ethernet.

On a side now the project will have 12 robots w/ welders over Ethernet with another 3 IO blocks and one HMI. Can I get away with the 1769 or do I need to go with the controllogix family? I am worried about all the robot alarms causing issues, but I am getting pushed to keep it cheaper.

Similar Topics

I've purchased a Cattron Safe-E-Stop for use with a conveyor system. I've figured out all the configuration and wiring except for the ethernet/ip...
Replies
Views
Hello, If I am controlling a PF525 through ethernet (Start + Speed commands) and If by coincidence the start command is ON and a Safe Torque OFF...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I am getting ready to install a Banner IVU Plus BCR in a ControlLogix . It seems like it is easier to install the IVU Plus...
Replies
Views
Can we use a Simotion D455 ethernet port x127 as a gate, to access S7-1500 plc Tia Portal program ? In the Simatic manager, we used Netpro to do...
Replies
Views
So I have a sort of unique situation where I'm wanting to run a PF755 from the IO and over ethernet. Of course, this comes with it's own set of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom