Protocol Conversion for CompactLogix

tarik1978

We are going to control a Siemens servo drive (simodrive 611U);the existing communication module is CanOpen.
We are using a CompactLogix 1769L35E as an upgrade to the current PLC
What's the easiest way to control this servo (Position mode)?
I was looking for AnyBus gateway or Red Lion Data station Plus

Why does RSLogix 5000 boot up extremely slowly?

Hello:

I am new to this forum. My Windows 7 laptop with 4 MB of RAM often takes forever to load up RSLogix 5000. Often it just quits loading the app in the middle. This is with no other programs currently open.

But then other times it starts up RS Logix 5000 almost instantly.

Any ideas why this is and what I can do?

Thank you,
Joe

We are going to control a Siemens servo drive (simodrive 611U);the existing communication module is CanOpen.
We are using a CompactLogix 1769L35E as an upgrade to the current PLC
What's the easiest way to control this servo (Position mode)?
I was looking for AnyBus gateway or Red Lion Data station Plus

I am personally a fan of the Red Lion DSPLE. The unit is relatively inexpensive ~$500, the programming software is free and user-friendly, and it supports importing of the data tags and mappings for protocol conversion. I would just make sure that they have a driver for your needs...

Hello:

I am new to this forum. My Windows 7 laptop with 4 MB of RAM often takes forever to load up RSLogix 5000. Often it just quits loading the app in the middle. This is with no other programs currently open.

But then other times it starts up RS Logix 5000 almost instantly.

Any ideas why this is and what I can do?

Thank you,
Joe

Please start a new thread.