Trying to find a repairswitch, that is also a 2-0-1 direction switch.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

I am trying to find a repairs-witch that at the same time also is a direction-switch.
With three positions 2-0-1:
In position 1 the phases are let through 1-2-3.
In position 2 the phases are let through 1-3-2 (direction reversal).
In position 0 the phases are disconnected, and the handle can be padlocked.
And, preferably with aux cotacts for the positions 1 and 2.

Any ideas ?

For an 8A/4kW 3-phase AC motor.

That is a 'Three Phase Reversing Switch with Centre Off, 1 Auxiliary closed at 1, one Auxiliary closed at 2, pad-lockable in Off'. Because it has Auxiliaries and is pad-lockable it is a non standard switch and you will probably have to have it made to Order. You can try Kraus & Naimer, they seem to have a presence in Denmark:

http://www.krausnaimer.dk/Countries/DNK/en/Control_Switches/control_switches.html

Awesome, we already buy stuff from K&N.

I have browsed through their catalog and have found a motor reversing switch 3 pole (A401-600). But I dont think it is exactly the one you have found.
Do you have a type no, or part of a type no to get started ?

Thanks a lot !

Here at my mill, we use a double throw safety switch (disconnect). I just requires a little bit of rewiring to covert it to a reversing switch. We use Sq-D DTU361 and DTU362 for our small motors where we need to be able to lockout and also reverse the conveyor locally to clear a jam. It can be fitted with aux contacts on both positions. They generally last a lot longer than reversing drum switches due to their higher current rating.

I am sure you can find something similar in a brand you use.

Sorry I didn't write clearly enough. There is very unlikely to be standard switch with that configuration, but K&N will build a special for you. You will need to contact their technical support people, describe the switch and they will give you a part number that you can Order from a local stockist. There is a standard sheet to complete for specials:
http://www.krausnaimer.dk/Countries/DNK/en/customized_switch.html#

As osmanjdt says elektra-tailfingen.de are another option, or what was Entrelec but is now ABB, I would suggest www.Bremas.it but you would never get a reply. I would have been able to do one for you myself in the past, but gave up Selector Switches about 10years ago.