Check and Alarm Temp on Motor

cuongvcs

Dear All,
I have new project using Rockwell (compact or controllogix) to check and alarm temp of motor on HMI.
configure is.
Controller
temp sensor ( PT100 or ...) install 2 sensor on 1 motor.
temp transmitter ( using Ethernet or Modbus )- I don't have any info for this.
can you please advise for me what type temp transmitter using on network ( EtherNet or Modbus) can be connect with RA product.
Many thank.

You don't need to use a communication protocol to get the temperature data from the motor. I would just use a RTD PLC Module and wire the RTD's directly into the PLC module. You could also use a 4-20mA transmitter and install a Analog Module into the PLC.

You don't need to use a communication protocol to get the temperature data from the motor. I would just use a RTD PLC Module and wire the RTD's directly into the PLC module. You could also use a 4-20mA transmitter and install a Analog Module into the PLC.

Dear Bullzi,
thank for your feedback, but we have 30 large motor and distant with PLC and can't connect direct to PLC. And I want using network to connect all temperature sensor.
Thank,

I am not sure if anyone makes a Ethernet/IP Temperature sensor but it is possible. If you have a Modbus Card in your PLC, I found some RTD to Modbus modules from this company http://www.datexel.com/ but have never used them.

Usually you buy a 3phase induction motor with built in 3x thermistors which you wire back to the Variable Speed Drive, which has motor thermistor inputs as standard, then transmit this to the PLC via ethernet.

Many larger kW motor manufacturers include thermistors as standard.

Dear All,
thank you for your feedback.
all motor don't using VFD to control. it is direct control.
and using PT100 sensor to get temp from motor.
thank.,