AB Pico vs. Moeller Easy

ribble

I am a PLC novice. I have used Allen Bradley Pico controllers in the past and have the cable and PC software for it. I would like to use the same cable and software to program a Moeller Easy controller. The cable fits on the Moeller controller, and they are esentially the same controller. Is it possible to program it with the AB software? Has anyone had any experience or advice about this? Thanks.

You may have noticed that the even the Pico file extension is .eas
I'm about 95% sure that they are the same.
Though I've only used the Easysoft.
Give it a try I bet it will work.
Good Luck!
easyinfo.jpg

I program the Moeller easy relays and the AB Picos with just the Moeller "easysoft" software and cable from Moeller all the time. I see no reason why the same can't be accomplished with AB software.

As previously stated both relays are looking for exact same file type. Any software program that creates that extention file type will work.

I downloaded PicoSoft 3.0 last summer and love it, and have not found any problems with Moeller units, yet.

There has been at least one similar thread to this, already. As I recll, no one that posted had any problems nixing software and brands. I have spoke with a few people that did have problems (a while back), and I now think that it may have been some problems with firmware or possibly even operator error. I even suspected that the older "easy" boards were being repackaged into the "other" brand cases when Moeller update and expanded, but never got any confirmation on this.

Anyway, bottom line is "It Should Work". Others, and myself have used it. Many of us have used Moeller software on the other brands. In theory, if it has the .eas extension, and looks like a Pico or Easy, then it should be okay.

Since I am to lazy, maybe someone else will post a list or at least a number of all the different brands of "easy" relays, made by Moeller, that are out there now.

As I posted before, I am waiting for Mitsubishi's entry, the Itst Bitsy Mitsi...

Sorry, couldn't help it. I'll take two I/O. and be better in the morning.

regards.....casey

I have just finished a project where I developed the program using ABs' Pico Soft and downloaded to 7 KM branded EASY 612's using an EASY comms cable no prbs at all.
I found Picosoft better to use whilst others preferred the KM software.(I found the KM software would crash when exiting the simulation mode)

**Note** For the regulars' the project was "Traffic light control" for three-way intersections in an underground coal mine. 8 input, 6 output, LED displays (Red cross, Flashing Red cross, Green arrows). Has fault recognition for stuck inputs or missed inputs. displays status to front panel of relay. Was lots of fun to do.

kellian said:
the project was "Traffic light control" for three-way intersections in an underground coal mine. 8 input, 6 output, LED displays (Red cross, Flashing Red cross, Green arrows). Has fault recognition for stuck inputs or missed inputs. displays status to front panel of relay...

...and far surpasses the 'intellegence' of its above ground counterparts... :nodi:

Don't mind me. I just have a lot of animosity toward 'real life' traffic light programmers. Their total lack of common sense aggravates me... mddr

It's too bad that probably NONE of them will ever get to see yours in action to realize how traffic lights are SUPPOSED to function...
20.gif

beerchug

-Eric