Sample program for programmable day / week timer?

keristos

I am looking for a sample program or user defined block for connected components workbench to be able to set and view timers for an output to be able to be switched on/off throughout a week.

For example on

Mon/Wed/Fri - 8:00 - 18:00 - Timer ON
Tue/Thur/Sat - 13:00 - 16:00 - Timer ON

I'm looking for one which is variable and ideally one I could interface with an HMI display. I can't seem to find anything on the rockwell sample programs =/

Thank you

AB Panelview HMIs have clocks in them which the PLC can read. They are more reliable than setting timers in the PLC, and would be very simple to accomplish.

AB Panelview HMIs have clocks in them which the PLC can read. They are more reliable than setting timers in the PLC, and would be very simple to accomplish.

Thank you for your reply. I understand that the HMI (T4T) in my case have built in clocks, but how would you suggest I implement logic to check the day of week / time compared to the 'timer' settings to see if an output should be ON or OFF?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish. I played with it a little to just make a conditional out based on day and time and I found the hour minute thing to be a little tricky, so I came up with this.

Capture.PNG

Thank you, I am using connected components though and I can't seem to find a way to get the HMI clock data.

Oh I get it now. I've never used connected components, but in AB FactoryTalk Studio there is a tab in the explorer window under System called Global Connections. That is where you assign a tag for the PLC to read the HMIs clock.

Oh I get it now. I've never used connected components, but in AB FactoryTalk Studio there is a tab in the explorer window under System called Global Connections. That is where you assign a tag for the PLC to read the HMIs clock.

Thank you, I'll look into it further.